Looking for exciting work opportunities? More flexibility in your schedule? A bridge to direct employment?
Then a temporary job through Berks & Beyond may be a great choice for you. If you’re new to the world of temporary work, or are unfamiliar with the advantages it can offer, here are a few reasons more and more workers are turning to temporary employment (courtesy of the American Staffing Association):
- Great Jobs. Ninety percent of all companies use temporary staff, so there are millions of jobs for qualified personnel. In fact, 2.98 million people each day work as temporary employees.
- Flexibility. Temporary assignments can last one day or several months. These assignments can be with all types of employers, including manufacturers, retail sales, financial institutions, government agencies, service companies and educational institutions. When you work as a temporary employee, you choose when, where and how you want to work.
- Broaden Your Skill Base. Temporary employment is a great way to build your skills and advance your career quickly. With each assignment, you have the opportunity to demonstrate your ability, gain more experience and make yourself more marketable.
- Get Your Foot in the Door. Temporary work gives you access to many potential employers and even more job opportunities. And because you work closely with your staffing company, you have a valuable champion that can help you land a great job in a lot less time!
- Bridge to Direct Employment. Working on assignment allows you to see what it’s like working for a prospective employer, while showcasing your skills. If an employer is impressed with your job performance, they can work with your staffing firm to transition you to direct employment.
- Competitive Wages. To attract top talent, employers offer competitive pay for their temporary assignments. And if you have skills in an area where there is more work than workers, you can often earn better pay as a temporary employee.
- Benefits. As a longer term temporary employee, you may be eligible to receive holiday and vacation pay. Often, you can also participate in health, dental, and vision insurance plans. Plans vary from company to company, so be sure to ask about your staffing firm’s benefits offerings.
- Training. 90% of all staffing firms provide free training for their contract and temporary workers. Training areas range from word processing and spreadsheets to soldering and assembly.
Temporary staffing works. Want proof? Here is Tiffney Battle’s success story. She’s one of the American Staffing Association’s Feature Staffing Employees:
They say great things come in threes. Tiffney Battle was living in a new city with her new baby—it was time for a new career. So she called a staffing firm she had seen at a recent job fair.
In three days, the firm found Tiffney a three-week assignment in the call center for a Fortune 500 company. That three-week assignment turned into three months of work. And then a permanent position.
“When I first took the job, I didn’t realize the temporary assignment would be a bridge to permanent employment,” Tiffney explains. “I couldn’t be happier.”
Tiffney was so pleased with her experience that she recommended six—that’s two times three—friends and relatives to the staffing firm.
“I’m on the road to independence,” she says with confidence. “In fact, I just moved into my own home. I’m building a strong foundation for my son, and I can take pride in my job.”